Coming into yet another emergency order for lockdown, we are faced with feelings of weariness and discouragement. Coupled with the isolating effects of not being able to socialize, it can be quite tempting to follow those feelings into the rabbit hole of depression and disengagement.
Perhaps now more than ever, we can proceed as we would in any storm – by battening down the hatches. In order to do that emotionally, we can:
- create a self-care routine that allows us to feel taken care of, highlighting the joyful satisfaction of the present moment.
- continued connection with family and friends, albeit in the most inventive of ways.
- get outside. Yes, we are told to ‘stay home’ but we still require fresh air 🙂
- get back on track. If things have slipped for you, right the ship. (Yesterday’s post can help you with this one!)
- be grateful. This can be a tough one as our negative bias is going to rally against counting our blessings. Perhaps; however, it is the most important one. As the German mystic Meister Eckhart once noted:
“If the only prayer you ever say in your life is ‘Thank you,’ it will be enough.” – Meister Eckhart
Like this post? Consider subscribing!
Photo credit: https://unsplash.com/@tdederichs