In an article my friend Gurlie sent me, they showcase some of the facts about happy. Here are some of their interesting tidbits:
- Happiness is a combination of how satisfied you are with your life and how good you feel on an every day basis.
- Happy people have lower rates of cardiovascular disease.
- Keeping happy “steady,” has more benefits in the long run than spikes of extreme happiness.
- Happy people help others and volunteer more.
- People who have experienced some adversity in their life are happier than those who haven’t experienced any.
The article, entitled “All the Secrets To Living a Happier Life, In One Helpful Chart’ by Lindsay Holmes and featured on Huffpost, also gives interesting information about how our happiness is determined, how to increase your happiness in the long run, the happiest countries in the world and ways to boost your happiness – and it is all displayed quite nicely in a chart with awesome graphics.
It is worth checking out: https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/the-science-of-happiness_n_5a73398ae4b0146e594513e1
Photo credit: http://Photo by S&B Vonlanthen on Unsplash
Like this post? Consider subscribing!