The mindfulness movement is one in which the aim is to focus on the present moment. It also aims to introduce us to the way calm feels through deep breathing exercises, meditation and thoughtful intention. It may not always be easy to find the time to do a full guided meditation, but we can build mindful moments into our day:
- When outside, notice five things that are beautiful.
- Listen to a piece of music without doing anything else.
- Make a list of the blessings in your life at that moment.
- Stop what you doing and take three deep breaths.
- Really enjoy that first sip of coffee, focusing on the smell and taste.
- Stop for a moment and feel the warmth of the sun on your face.
It is sometimes through these moments of mindfulness that we are granted an appreciation for the little things in life. It is also a good way to remind ourselves that we can slow down, we can feel joy, we can experience the way calm feels. 🙂
Photo credit: https://unsplash.com/@jblesly