Sometimes it is nice to simply learn five fun facts about something. Today’s topic? Boredom:
- Boredom is described as the state of being weary and restless through lack of interest. Feeling bored is a common feeling and at times, is unavoidable.
- Boredom is the psychological feeling of missing something. We often mistake feeling bored for feeling empty; this can lead us to looking for something to ‘fill ourselves.’
- Boredom is also linked to control. If we feel we don’t have control over something (waiting rooms are a good example), we can end up feeling restless, bored, frustrated.
- Boredom can be related to depression. If we purposefully avoid restorative activities or we blame ourselves for feeling bored, we may need to get clarity as to what is really going on.
- We can work with boredom. Understanding ourselves and why we may feel bored is the first step. Curiosity and creativity both help to temper it. Being prepared for the times you have to wait will also help pass the time; there is nothing like a great playlist or capitvating book to keep your attention.
Like this post? Consider subscribing!
Photo credit: http://Photo by Juan Gomez on Unsplash