It is surprising how much energy can play a role in our mental health. Here are 5 interesting facts about it:
- A body in motion stays in motion. Newton’s Law of Physics applies to us as well; when we have a plan for our day and begin to work through our list, we generate and sustain energy. This allows us to feel accomplished and productive.
- According to the law of conservation, energy can not be created or destroyed – it can only be transformed. This helps us to see the importance of putting out into the universe what we wish to receive. This can include positive affirmations, thoughtful intentions for ourselves and our loved ones, moments of peaceful reflection.
- Everything around us is energy. All the more reason to get outside and soak up the peaceful energy of the trees, the sun, the rain, the silent drifting of the clouds, the calm stillness of the water, the gentle breeze of the wind.
- Our physical energy directly affects our mental energy. 3 ways that we sustain physical energy is through proper nutrition, enough exercise to keep ourselves healthy, a good night’s rest.
- Energy is renewable. This applies to our energy system as well; we renew our energy throughout the day by giving ourselves permission to rest and consciously feeding our comfort system.
We can use these facts about energy to purposefully design our day to include the use of our energy field to best support our emotional health. Sounds like a good plan to me 🙂
Photo credit: https://unsplash.com/@adityaries
1 thought on “5 Facts About Energy (and how it relates to mental health)”