Consciously keeping laughter as part of our daily routine is a great self-care strategy! Here are five fun facts about the importance of keeping yourself amused:
- Laughter is contagious. People are 30 times more likely to laugh when in the company of others.
- Laughter has bonding qualities; when couples tackle stressful situations with humour, they are more likely to report higher levels of satisfaction with their relationship.
- The average person laughs around 13 times per day; spontaneous laughter bringing about more instances of belly laughs.
- Whole-hearted laughter boosts our immune system, working against harmful illness.
- In an average day, children tend to laugh 3 times more than adults.
What do these facts tell us about the importance of laughter? They all tend to focus on the importance of working towards adopting a carefree attitude to our daily stresses; using laughter as a way to counter some of the challenges we may face in our busy lives.