Christmas time can bring us many things to be thankful for – time spent with family and friends, social functions at work or in our community and extra kids’ activities. The lead up to the holidays; however, can be a time when we put ourselves on the back burner. Here are some holiday self-care tips that we can incorporate into the Christmas season:
- Find some time in the evening to cozy in on the couch and watch a favourite Christmas movie.
- Take a drive to enjoy holiday lights.
- Give yourself permission to say no if you begin to feel the need to simply rejuvenate at home.
- Enjoy the scents of the season with pine scented candles or candy cane hand cream.
- Set aside time to continue your usual exercise routine.
- Indulge in some favourite foods; especially ones that remind you of childhood Christmases.
- Lean into the traditions of the holidays for some feel good moments.
- Remind yourself of the four D’s (delegate, defer, delete or do it) – no reason why other family members can’t help you wrap gifts!
- Climb into some cozy holiday pyjamas and enjoy some mulled cider or hot chocolate.
- Create a Christmas play list with your favourite holiday tunes.
By purposefully planning some time to enjoy the holiday season, we take care of ourselves with meaningful experiences that promote our sense of well-being.
Like this post? Consider subscribing!
Photo credit: http://Photo by David Angel on Unsplash