This time of year often brings rainy days and we can find ourselves in the house, feeling a bit cranky that the weather has predicted our day. With little control over the weather, perhaps we can turn a rainy day can into an opportunity for self-care:
- Cuddle up on the couch with blankets, loved ones, popcorn and a feel-good movie.
- Bake a favourite recipe; focusing on comfort food.
- Write a letter to someone – the old fashioned way.
- Have a home spa day – candles, a warm bath, pedicure.
- Enjoy a warm drink while sitting down to read a book.
- Research vacation ideas.
- Visit memory lane by looking through old photo albums.
- Go to a cafe, sit by the window, enjoy the sound and look of rain.
- Laugh with re-runs of a funny TV program.
- Indulge and take an afternoon nap.
Although rainy days have the potential to make us feel blue, we can proactively change our inner climate by focusing on the cozy and feeding our comfort system. What are some things that you like to do on a rainy day?
Like this post? Consider subscribing!
Photo credit: http://Photo by Kira auf der Heide on Unsplash