One word that always comes to mind in the midst of the Fall season is cozy. One of the things that is a part of my self-care routine is carving out time to read….in the summer, I love my three season porch as it allows me to feel the evening breeze and hear the sounds of outside. In the fall, I find myself curled up in my armchair, with the fireplace on – cozy. 🙂
Self-care is something to aspire to every day, all year round. As we immerse ourselves into the beauty of this season, here are some specific Fall self-care ideas:
- – Go through your summer wardrobe. If you didn’t wear it, donate it to charity.
- – Write down some things about this season that you are grateful for.
- – Cook some traditional fall dishes; bake with pumpkin and spice.
- Enjoy a walk outside with Fall colours.
- Visit an apple orchard or a pumpkin farm.
- Light a fall scented candle.
- Pull out the Fall scented hand creams.
- Go for a drive in the mountains.
- Take a Fall crafting class.
- Enjoy a pumpkin latte with a friend.
- Buy yourself a cozy new sweater or blanket.
- Write down a “Fall Bucket List.”
- Create some positive affirmations about the changing of the seasons.
- Read a book by the cozy fireplace.
As you can see, there are many ways that we can incorporate Fall self-care ideas into this season. Have any others? Feel free to share by way of commenting!
Photo credit: http://Photo by Jon Tyson on Unsplash
Like this post? Consider subscribing!