Today my blog is written by a guest; my eighteen year old daughter, Layne 🙂 While recently on vacation, I invited her to write a post for my blog; I gave her “carte blanche.” What she came up with was quite insightful. Good job, kiddo!
Things I have Learned in High School
- Your self-worth is most definitely not based on “likes.”
- Having quality friends is more important than being popular.
- Very few boys are emotionally mature – their actions are usually never about you.
- No one really cares how you look; they’re usually too focused on themselves.
- Doing your own thing is far more enjoyable than following a crowd.
- Any drama will be irrelevant in, like, a week. Just stay out of it.
- Be nice to your teachers; they will be nice back.
- Where you fit in the social hierarchy in high school really does not matter in life.
- Don’t be afraid to look silly; do what you do with confidence.
- The really cool people aren’t the popular ones.
- Always look forward.